Sunday, September 16, 2007

Travels






The Hotel de l'Orient in Pondicherry



I've been travelling a little bit here and there and its keeping me happy.
I went to Thane (suburb of Mumbai) in August for a couple of days on work.
Then we went to Kalahasti late August.
Last weekend I was in Timbaktu and midweek this week I was in Pondicherry/Auroville for a workshop kind of thingy. Pondy was definitely the highlight and I want to keep going back. The French town is gorgeous more so because its a sight you don't see anywhere else in India (perhaps Goa). I picked up an interesting music CD this time called Pondy groove, a crazy mishmash of French, English, traditional Indian, fusion and whatever else.

Timbaktu was remarkable for the amount of water I saw this time including the huge and amazing Mushtikovela tank. I had the privilege of seeing it reach to 6 inches of the full tank level (FRL for the cogniscenti) and a couple of hours after I left, I was told that it overflowed.

PS: ***@!#$#*(&&(*&&)Q#R*&(*&(@&#(& Tamilians for changing the name to Puducherry. I am composing in mind a rant against Tamilian-ness, that I will post to the Written Word.

5 comments:

A Soul In Exile said...

welcome back...

-bhan

VK said...

Yo Bhan !
Good to hear from you !
Did you visit the blog or do you have RSS set up ?

Anonymous said...

nice pictures. nice travels.

A Soul In Exile said...

I have you on BlogRoll...!

Anonymous said...

http://www.woot.com/

funny