Friday, January 16, 2009

Comment responses






bunch of comments to which I wanted to respond:

Antonego -- you're new to my blog. Welcome ! Something about yourself ?

Anonymous -- will update about this ; got a mail from the company asking hold off until they investigate. I was suprised !

Siddhu -- don't get too excited. Arvind Uncle will say anything as long as it irritates me. Still, why don't you do guest posts on this blog more often ? I don't update it often enough.

Arvind, Sajini -- I can see how you find this annoying. I like it personally. The guy does talk sense, introduces me to some new books that I haven't heard about and has a nice voice. Perhaps it'll grow on you. I took it off temporarily in order not to conflict with the timbaktu video, but was planning to put it on again sometime. Give your feedback again then if you still hate it.

Ben - thanks for the tip about seeclickfix . It seems like a neat tool and I'm interested in using maps for all sorts of public information things. I don't think I'll try it right away due to lack of time, but hopefully will get around to it, and hopefully it will pick up steam on its own in India

Palls (without hyperlink) -- the issue with the Hindu and China is a long discussed one and you are late to the table here (as with everything else?). Am well aware of the Hindu's blindspot in this matter and can apply corrective.


Also : one of those once-in-a-lifetime events , Arvind is doing something useful: He started the following site and associated NGO: http://www.mathscienceforall.org/
All the best to him !
(PS: Why is my name last in the list of advisors)



Happy new year everyone !!!
Which includes (in no order so don't get ego-hassled, and I would have forgotten someone. In fact, if you read this blog it would be really really nice and interesting if you add a comment wishing everyone happy new year on this post):
Palls
Nandita
Sajini
Anonymous Sukesh Patro
Anonymous Other
Sidharth with a single 'd'
Siddharth with a 'u' :-)
Sneha
Vidya
Suniel
Sunil (?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing all of you and yours a very Happy New Year 2009!!

Pondering back on 2008, these are the things that stand out in my mind and that I feel very grateful for (in no particular order).
1. For my job, working with animals which I find so rewarding on so many levels
2. For the great group of people I work with
3. For Seshu who has put up with me through all the ups and downs unconditionally
4. For Sofi, our newly acquired dog who has been such a joy to have for both Seshu and me. She makes us laugh so much and is the biggest reason both of us are at home more now.
5. For our temple and religious activities and our friends at the temple which takes us away from the daily grind makes us forget our worries, puts things in a whole new perspective and we always feel rejuvenated after going there.
And, i have to add - to all the internet forums and blogs that I frequent when I'm exhausted after work and that keep me amused and interested one of which is this one :-).
Ok, I'll stop now !
Sajini

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year :-)

Love,
Siddharth with a u :)