Thursday, September 10, 2015


Kishore Mahbubani's 2nd Dean's Lecture, this time together with Prof Khong Yuen Foong on "Eternal Lessons of Geopolitics".  This one left me cold. I find International Relations and geopolitics distasteful. All this discussion of great powers and national interests while there is a body count every day in different parts of the world. I'm sure we would have a different world if each class on international relations was preceded by a moment of silence for everybody who got killed or injured or displaced that day in the international conflict du jour. After the talk I made a muted attempt to communicate my position with Prof Khong. He responded very quickly on the lines : "You do social policy right, international relations people in your country keep you safe so you do do your stuff". Touche I suppose.

The photos were taken with digital zoom hence the distortion and halo effects.

No comments: