Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hiatus

Greetings, greetings, greetings.

A long while away from blogging. I've been without a computer (and enjoying it actually instead of being miserable). The laptop search is convering though slowly. I learnt a bunch of stuff about laptops and computer shops in Bangalore so that is good. I'll probably get a Compaq Presario V3035 TU (I may have got that wrong). Its one of the new models with a dual core processor so promises to be fast. This series of laptops from Compaq is pretty sleek too. Its black in colour not the 'pearl white' that some of their other models are.

I resigned from Juniper in a surprisingly unwrought manner, I forgot about the whole matter quite soon after it happened.

I spent a few days at Timbaktu last week and finished a bunch of work on the annual report. It goes to the printer today it seems, they are to come to Bangalore and I am supposed to meet up with them to go with them to the printer but haven't heard from them yet.

I've been in Bangalore now for a few days. Its now relatively different situation to the past 3 odd months. Earlier there was some big thing or the other always on the radar (travels, getting settled at Timbaktu, working on their annual report) so there was something to keep me focussed. Now there is no specific thing. Timbaktu has settled down into somewhat of a routine, no travels in the immediate future. I have been doing errand type stuff (cleaning up papers at home, starting to work on getting a driving license, researching the laptop, picking up Priya at work), and have also been doing a bunch of reading. I'm trying to reorient myself to the new state and see what's appropriate to do.

Our 3rd marriage anniversary comes up on 29th August. After considering various stuff (still considering), I think we are going to go to Timbaktu the weekend before the day (falls on a Tuesday). Priya already got me a marriage gift a snazzy new Nokia phone (about 11000 Rs). Its a camera phone which I was keen on, and looking forward to start uploading (using Bluetooth) once I get the laptop. I got a Citizen Eco-drive (cool technology, no batteries, runs on 'vibrations from your body' or something) from her for my birthday earlier this year and it was pretty sleek too. I'm having a hard time finding something for her now.

Okay ciao. BTW -- this is from a clunky browsing center computer near our flat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back. and happy 3rd anniversary!!!

VK said...

Grazie!

PS: And who might you be ?! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy wedding anniversary to Banu and you!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary.

If the first message is from who I think it is, I am shocked at the display of civility.

Arvind

VK said...

Thanks all for the good wishes on the anniversary. I'll write about how the Timbaktu trip goes.

A Soul In Exile said...

Wish you a Happy Anniversary...!!!