Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Integrative Solutions Pvt. Ltd."

One of the things that I was a little concerned about, in taking this sabbatical, is that there are lots of things in daily life where people ask you where you are working, and unexpected problems crop up if you say you aren't working. I ran into this for the first time, when I recently tried to get a cellphone connection (I took a Hutch connection. Whole other story about how it taxes my limited mental resources to understand which service provider and which plan is best for us). They asked me for my work information. Actually I was getting the phone for Priya so I should have given her info, but she wasn't around and I was planning to get the phone in my name. I was stuck for a moment wondering what to say for Workplace name and phone number. Then I entered "Integrative Solutions Private Limited". This was a name I had come up with long ago, when I was idly toying with the idea of what I might name a company if I should ever set one up. This is now growing on me, and I think, "Integrative Solutions" is going to be my 'alibi' going forward. Its a consultancy service that I am running out of my house, and does software consultancy, and pretty much anything else that you might want :-). Yesterday we were at a restaurant and they asked us to fill out a feedback form after the meal. The form had a field for "Designation". I entered "CEO, Integrative Solutions" :-). Like I said, its growing on me. Send some business my way if you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some tag lines for your company - Arvind.

Integrative Solutions Inc. Continuously differentiating ourselves from the competitiion.

Integrative Solutions. Little by little, we add a lot.

Integrative Solutions. All our functions are well behaved.

Integrative Solutions. Our potential is unbounded.

Integrative Solutions. Functional analysis at unbeatable prices.



Chill.
Arvind

Anonymous said...

"CEO, Integrative Solutions" :-). Ha ha, love this.
I agree with Arvind, Integrative solutions seems too generic. You need a tag line to differentiate yourself from the rest. I liked the second one - Little by little, we add a lot!