Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The fun never stops at Arghyam ..

We fixed a date for the launch of the portal at the PMs residence in Delhi for 12th January. TERI (mentioned in a previous post) will be launching an energy portal at the same time. I helped a little bit in drafting notes for the PM's speech and a mail to Sam Pitroda to check out the website :-))))). I won't be going to Delhi for the launch :-(. It was a very intense last week but now things have lightened up and the portal seems to be in shape. You can have a preview of it at www.indiawaterportal.org. Note that everything is not yet done (Latin text signifies placeholders!) but would be happy to get feedback and bug notes.

Last weekend we met with two people from the Gates Foundation who were visiting. We had a good discussion and I learnt something about how the Gates Foundation functions. Very interesting. Myself and Priya also went to a party at my manager Sunita's place. Met a bunch of older friends, nice catching up. Today we had someone senior from Nestle come in to work to talk about their corporate social responsibility program but I skipped that.

The 2nd Annual Arghyam conference (invitation only!) is scheduled for late Feb. The focus will slowly shift away from the portal as it stabilizes, and things will get focussed on the conference. I don't know how much I will get invovled with the conference.

I'm enjoying this gig. Its the most fun I've had and the most productive I've felt for such a short span of time. It's kindof a dream job for someone with my inclinations and aptitudes. My rolodex has expanded *a lot*, besides Arghyam people, I've met bunch of people visiting Arghyam, and people at eGovernments.org and apparatusmedialab.com, Arghyam's technology partners.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is "Myself and Priya" deliberate???

Anonymous said...

Preliminary glance at site was a very pleasant experience. Have not read content, but just wanted to convey that the look and feel is very professional.

Arvind