Friday, March 09, 2007

Fellowship applications

Here are the fellowship applications that I did a while back. The versions are rough ones which I sent off to Timbaktu where they got edited into the final ones. I had not talked about Sireesha on the blog I think so her story is new here. Quite a cool person and playing a very vital role in the area where she works. Unfortunately, the progress on the ASHA end has been slow and there is still a while to go before we hear from them about whether the applications got approved. So I will try to give whatever money I have got from people directly so that it gets used immediately, without having to wait for the full fellowship process to go through. If any one else wants to contribute, this is the time to do it.

Mutyalappa: Bio, Fellowship Application
Sireesha: Bio, Fellowship Application

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your initial post on Mr Mutyalappa, I indicated that I am interested in making a contribution. As promised, I will send a check to your address at the earliest possible

VK said...

Looking forward to it, thanks Sajini

Anonymous said...

Despo:

You got to admit that under promised and over delivered on this one!

BTW, just saw mira nair's the name sake. Excellent. Irrfan Khan and Tabu deliver extremely good performances. Tabus performance in particular blows away everything I have seen this year - including overrated helen mirren and that of the beloved performance of cruz. One of the critics describes Irfans performance as something like "with just a puff of the cigarrette he conveys deep anguish and emotion."

It is a pity that the industry in India does not bring these stars to the forefront - instead of the other second rate actors that usually trot the scene because they were the sons/daughters of some one else.

Anonymous said...

pals,
i got two words for you man:

300

VK said...

Not quite Palls. One of the checks you gave me (I discovered when I gave it for encashment yesterday) was not signed. Nice going.

Anonymous said...

Vijay,
In eitehr of the fellowships, what is the amount of funding you are looking for?
LS

VK said...

LS:

Good to hear from you. I remember you had left a note long ago on my posts related to this asking for the status.

The amount we are looking for, for the fellowships is 15000/- a month, and we are hoping to have a multiyear fellowship in order to give these people some stability while they move forward. So it does come to a sizeable amount. Of course as mentioned earlier, the intention was to see if Asha as an organisation would be able to put in a decent sum of money.