Sunday, October 28, 2007

Travails of a ticket

This is how my ticketing experience went for the travel to Delhi:

-- I booked the ongoing ticket and return ticket separately (ergo, extra time spent)hoping to squeeze in some personal vacation time with Priya in Delhi which didn't work out
-- Suddenly an important meeting came up a couple of days before the scheduled departure, so our office person had to go the airport and waste hours to get both tickets rescheduled after paying decent amount of money. You can't do rescheduling online.
--when I went to the airport on my departure date, I found that the ticket had been postponed to November 13th by mistake instead of being preponed to Oct 13th, so I ended up taking the next flight out after paying a sizeable difference. The ticket had a fairly illegible scrawl for the new travel date, and I'm fairly sure it would have been the airline's fault for a wrong reschedule.
--the day before my return I noticed that the ticket said that I needed to carry the same ID that I had booked the ticket with. This had been done by our office person with my PAN card which I wasn't carrying. I called them and they said they couldn't guarantee anything even with a xerox of the PAN -- it would be the discretion of the people at the airport. Rather than stress, I bought another ticket on the same flight at a hefty premium again and cancelled this one after losing some money.
-- at the airport they didn't ask for any ID at all.

Fuck you Indian Airlines and Jet Lite and all you other stupid airlines out there !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A ticketless mode of transport is the answer. Think Indian Railways.