Sunday, April 02, 2006

And more updates

Some follow-ups on stuff I talked about earlier in the blog:

Book business idea: One of the ideas I had was to buy good used books in the US and sell them in India. There seemed to be an 'arbitrage' opportunity here, based on talking to a bookshop owner here. Since then this idea has languished. Initial impression is that there aren't that many good used books available at really low ($1 - $2) prices. I nevertheless want to do atleast a 'pilot' for my own satisfaction and see how it goes.

Tinnitus: I had talked about a persistent ringing in the ears due to neglecting a bad cold. Its still there and is permanent as I suspected. It doesn't cause any issues, but I was pretty upset about it for a while. I haven't gone to see a doctor about it. I should.

Fab India: We went back and bought a very nice bedsheet at Fab India:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29439415@N00/121670901/
It cost about 700/- . That takes care of my perceived obligation to support Fab India. Atleast for this year.

Art: I also blogged about an art exhibition that I went to. I got the idea of taking photograps of some of the artwork, from a book I bought at the exhibition. So I'm uploading some of the photos for those who might be interested. The quality of the photos is obviously not great given how they were taken but still might be of interest. See the next post for the photos.




Endnote:
Priya and I went to Belur, Halebid and Sravanabelgola last week (on Ugadi day) on a KSTDC tour. It was very nice but not necessarily blog material. I want to write something brief about it if I get a chance. Let me just say now: Bahabuli rocks okay !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disturbed to hear about your tinnitis. Googled it and got some information on it. I hope it is not interfering with daily activities. Are the signs reversible/do they go away with time?
Banu looks really cute in that picture with the cake :-)
You asked about guest blogging when I go to Italy. What does it involve? A report, I can probably do; but if is has to become more involved than that with photos and all, probably not a good idea as you know my attention to every detail and perfectionism would about ruin that trip for me :-).

VK said...

Yes, its not interfering with daily activities. No, as I understand, its not reversible.

Regarding blogging about Italy -- actually I haven't thought through it myself. The main thing is if it would be something fun or creative for you to do. If its a short trip, you may not have much time to blog about it (however if there are some days when Seshu is at the conference and you are idle, it would be a good way to some time). I guess what would make sense would be a few posts (before, during, after the trip). More on the lines of impressions of the country and the people and places rather than a factual report of what you'll did. Photos would be good but not essential.
Well, just think about whether you would want to do it, and whether there are any other ways of doing it than the ones I mentioned.