Thursday, November 23, 2006

First few days at work

First few days at work at Arghyam have been good.
On the portal launch we made a bunch of progress and have a kind of working plan for the next month. However this has only made clear that we are woefully short of time :-). As I was prepared for, I stepped into a tough situation, but one of the reasons I signed up for the job was for the simulation of the adrenaline rush of a software company, so bring it on !
Things are already heating up a lot and I've not been able to tie about other loose ends (like blogging about my talk at Bijapur!) like I'd hoped.

There is almost 1 talk/meeting a day at Arghyam with an outside person, so it promises to be very stimulating. Already I ran into someone I knew a long while back. His name is Anand Krishnaswamy and I knew him through my cousin Naini, from Chennai. He is now with L-RAMP an entrepreneurship mentoring program based in Chennai. He visited Arghyam to explore partnership possibilities. We had lunch together after his visit to catch up. Yesterday we had an interesting person called Anand Jalakam who has a long background of field work in the area of water, including 14 something years implementing rural drinking water solutions as an employee of the goverment of Andhra Pradesh. That discussion was somewhat contentious with several disagreements, and I came away confused, which is not bad -- I have some more way to go to get a handle on the issues.
Today someone from a well-known NGO called Development Alternatives is going to be coming.

No comments: