Thursday, November 09, 2006

Going to Bijapur

I'm off today (Thu) evening to Bijapur to do my stuff there. Both excited and scared. Its a really nice opportunity and I enjoy interacting with young fresher types. But its something that I've never done before and I'm having a hard time coming to grips with what exactly would be useful to talk to them about. Some organizing glitches that are not helping either.
There are a couple of historical monuments at Bijapur that I hope to take in while I'm there. I'm planning to stop for atleast a day at .. Hampi. This I am really looking forward to. Hampi is a world heritage site that I've been wanting to see for a long long time now.

Okay, so have to see how it all goes :-(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, hope you have a good experience. If I were you I wouldn't worry about what to say, you're a natural at giving advice!!
Your other blog "written word" did not allow me to post a comment there. That link on Russell Peters was hilarious, very talented mimic, I'm hooked!!

VK said...

Can you try the commenting over there again ? I had no problem ..

VK said...

You're right about the giving advice thing -- but I have yet to have given advice to a group of 70 (or more) freshers for a whole day !! Might beat even my preaching capacity :-)

Thanks for the wishes :-)
Your idea of videotaping and putting up is nice. I will ask them if they have a recorder.

Anonymous said...

Still not letting me comment over there. When I write a comment here, there are 3 options, blogger, other, anonymous. I click on, other, and it allows me to post the comment. Over there, there is only one option, blogger , and when I type in my name, it does not post the comment.