Thursday, November 23, 2006

Updates from here and there

--Another milestone, though somewhat dubious -- according to Google, I have crossed 10,000 'page impressions' on the blogs (combined) yesterday. I'm not sure how they define a 'page impression', and the ClustrMap at the bottom of this page shows a much lower number. Nevertheless, it is some metric and it passed a milestone !

--I leave on Monday for a 10 day trip to Vizag. The primary purpose is to coach my nephew for taking the engineering entrances. Really. Although its been many years back since I studied the stuff, I do remember some of it and I have a sense of how to approach things. So I feel that I should try to contribute something. When his elder brother was taking the exams I was at my old job and didn't have the time to do anything much and felt bad about it. So feels very good to do this now. I coached him earlier when I was in Vizag in July and he says he benefited from it. The other thing I plan to do while at Vizag is meet a social worker called P D Kameswara Rao near Vizianagaram. Balaji, who has been keeping an benevolent avuncular eye on me during my sabbatical in case I do something stupid, has always been keen that I meet this person.
And might try to meet one or more Timpany friends there. And trying to squeeze some other stuff too. Lets see.
Oh, and it would be great if I could give my placement talk to some colleges while at Vizag. If someone knows somebody at an engineering or other college in Vizag, who can set this up for me -- I owe you a big treat.

No comments: