Sunday, September 17, 2006

Kitchen Chronicles contd.



Pix: A curious cat. But it didn't get killed (despite the old adage)








====
Continuing an occasional series (here's one of the past posts) on matters food and kitchen...


So far I've managed to stay uninvolved with the kitchen, despite very pointed statements from Priya to the effect that seeing as I'm free and all and seeing as she's doing a course in addition to her regular teaching job ...

See, the thing is, I just don't like cooking.. see, what happens is I need my mind be focussed to be able to do cooking, and right now there's always a hundred things buzzing in my mind so what I'm planning to do is take a month really really off, and just focus on cooking and then I might be able to do something... see, she needs to be able to delegate properly, I don't mind doing some assigned tasks on a regular basis as opposed to being beaten up for generalized 'cooking' responsibilities ..

Is anyone convinced ?

Anyway right now, I fill water fairly regularly from our Aquaguard thingy, and there is talk (and some action) on cutting vegetables. That's pretty much it. And I take the waste out to the compost pot. And I occasionally make lemon juice for myself, which is the subject of this post. I was thinking: I should start drinking/eating glucose in a regular way. You know the sweet glucose powder packets you get in all medical stores right ? I mean, its supposed to give you energy, and who would complain about having more energy ? But drinking glucose water is boring and I wasn't able to get myself to do it. But I make and drink lemonade now and then, so I started using glucose instead of sugar in the lemonade. To my surprise it takes a *huge* amount of glucose to sweeten the lemonade, I wouldn't have thought so. All to the good, more glucose taken in the better. Well, my question is: is all this 'kosher' ? Does drinking glucose in a regular way do you any good ? Does drinking it in lemon water lose it any of its good properties. Let me know if you have some insights ?

On a related topic: honey. Lots of traditional Indian medical systems/knowlege/old wives tales extol the virtues of honey. Does anyone know something more about this and have a suggestion about honey. The taste makes me slightly sick so is there a palatable way of taking it ?

Cheers, and a good Sunday to you. Mine involves visiting a friend and probably getting having a nice lunch at his place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just an adorable picture of the kitty caught at exactly the right moment :-)